New to SailFin | FAQ | SailFin Project Home | How-Tos
Promoted builds are builds of SailFin which have passed a minimum
level of testing which includes the GlassFish Quick Look tests, a
sub-set of SQE tests (22 in number), a sub-set of CTS tests
(representative collection of 344 J2EE 1.4 tests), SailFin Quick Looks,
and JSR 116 TCK (6 in number).
|The SailFin installer installs the GlassFish application server and SailFin sip servlet container on top of that. The majority of the GlassFish code is available under a dual license consisting of the Common Development and Distribution License ( CDDL) v1.0 and the GNU General Public License (GPL) v2. The following page contains details about the components in GlassFish and the licenses under which they are covered.|
Build InformationThe following features have been added in Milestone3
- Monitoring support for Sip Servlet Container
- Dynamic reconfiguration enabled
- CLI support
- CLI support for security and CLB configuration
- Support for creation/update/deletion of trust elements
- Support for creation/update/deletion of CLB elements
- Support for creation/update/deletion of sip-listeners
- Consistent Hash algorithm for SIP and HTTP traffic
- Round Robin algorithm for HTTP traffic
- Replication Support for SipApplicationSessions, SipSessions, ServletTimers, DialogFragments
Bugs fixed in this release.
Download the promoted SailFin build
Binary buildsNote: This list offers files for different platforms. Please be sure to select the proper file for your platform. Carefully review the files listed below to select the one you want, then click the link to download. Some browsers may require you to right-click/CTRL-click to save these files to your computer.
Solaris SPARC Platform
- sailfin-installer-v1-b14-sunos.jar, size 57M
Solaris x86 Platform
- sailfin-installer-v1-b14-windows.jar size 56M
- sailfin-installer-v1-b14-linux.jar size 56M
- sailfin-installer-v1-b14-darwin.jar size 67M
Instructions to unbundle and configure SailFin
To install and configure SailFin you need to have JDK 5 Update 8 or higher installed on your system. The configuration processing depends on Ant (1.6.5). The bundle includes an Ant distribution that has been extended with tasks to facilitate developing Java EE 5 applications for the application server.
Download one of the bundles to disk, set JAVA_HOME to JDK 5.
% java -Xmx256m -jar filename.jar
% cd sailfin
% chmod -R +x lib/ant/bin
% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup.xmlOR for Windows:
% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup.xmlFor SailFin with Clustering supported installation, just change step 4 from the above installation.
% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup-cluster.xmlOR for Windows:
% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup-cluster.xml
Instructions to execute SailFin SamplesNote: For executing the SailFin samples, the user must follow the steps below to configure the SailFin server.
- Go to the directory where you have SailFin installed.
% cd <install_home>/sailfin/bin
- Start up the server.
% ./asadmin start-domain domain1
- Start the database.
% ./asadmin start-database
- Go to the SailFin sample 'CallSetup' directory which contains
Ant scripts to build, deploy, and undeploy the sample.
% cd <install_home>/sailfin/samples/sipservlet/CallSetup
- Run the following command to build all available Java files and
create the CallSetup.sar file.
% <install_home>/sailfin/lib/ant/bin/ant all
- To deploy the CallSetup.sar file:
% <install_home>/sailfin/lib/ant/bin/ant deploy
- To undeploy the CallSetup.sar file:
% <install_home>/sailfin/lib/ant/bin/ant undeploy